Share your nonprofit organization's story on the radio
For a dozen years, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation and New Hampshire Public Radio have jointly produced Giving Matters, a radio series demonstrating the positive impacts of New Hampshire nonprofit organizations. We have featured over 230 nonprofits to date telling powerful stories of the work that charitable groups do to strengthen communities and enrich lives.
Giving Matters airs weekly on Saturday mornings at 8:35.
We are now soliciting new nonprofit story ideas for the Giving Matters Series. Our quality of life is nourished and enhanced in myriad ways by the nonprofit sector and those who support it with their time, treasure and talent. Add your story to this tapestry.
How to apply
Interested nonprofits should submit a short, one-page application form which provides basic contact information and a brief summary of the proposed story.
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 18, 2013. Applicants should expect to hear back by the end of July.
Please keep the following in mind before you submit your story for consideration:
- We are seeking personal stories by people who can speak comfortably about their own first-hand experiences, whether from a participant, service recipient, volunteer, or other constituent perspectives.
- In order to provide this opportunity to as broad a spectrum of nonprofits as possible and to convey the breadth of the sector to listeners, organizations that have already been featured in the Giving Matters series (in the current two-minute format) are not eligible to reapply.
- These radio spots are designed to create a positive face for the sector as a whole, and to give people a reason to care about nonprofits and their work in New Hampshire. This series does not seek to raise money for specific groups, or to promote nonprofit events.
- An advisory committee will select those stories which best convey the contributions and human face of the sector to listeners, while reflecting a range of subject matter, geography, voice and perspective.
- Groups chosen to participate will be pre-interviewed by writer Lois Shea, who spearheads production of the series. Most participating individuals will come to the NHPR studios in Concord to record, though selected spots will be recorded on location.
- Prior Giving Matters stories can be heard online at Giving Matters.